✨ D E A R 2 0 1 8✨
As I sit here reflecting on 2018 I find a million different truths and lessons I’ve experienced springing to mind – this took some effort to STOP myself from writing a book on each one and condense them into 12 (ok, well maybe 14 😝…)
This year has truly been one of deepening connection, coming home to all parts of me, and discovering higher meaning outside myself – I love every single one of you who have been a part of this 2018 Wild journey, my cup is overspilling with gratitude for lighting the way.
With that said, here are my 14 biggest takeaways:
• 1. When you change your narrative from “My Mind” and “My Body” to “The Mind”, “The Body” – something magical happens and like “open sesame”, the doors to liberation swing wide open
• 2. Turbans feel great 👳🏻, it’s my most trustworthy tool to help me find my center – and it keeps my head together, literally 😛
• 3. Our coping mechanisms aren’t really the monsters we label them to be – actually they once kept us alive in times of need. What a damn good job they do.
• 4. Freedom from addictions IS possible, we just have to be willing to face them head on, a listen to what simmers underneath.
• 5. Instead of using food to AVOID discomfort, I’ve been learning how to use it as a lens to see almost everything I had (and have been) avoiding
• 6. The answer to “how am I going to get through this” – is allowing yourself to cry, to wail, to feel as if your heart is being stabbed and BREATHE on through it – I promise you got this.
• 7. The Body is one brilliant creation, and having one IS Heaven on Earth
• 8. I am not the Mind, I am not the Body, I am not the Thoughts, I am not the EGO – I simply have a mind, body, thoughts, and ego, and they’re my greatest guides
• 9. The other person is you – people are the greatest reflection of what’s going on inside of you 🔮
• 10. I found ME on my Yoga mat – and I will never see this life the same again, the doors to mySelf have been opened.
• 11. The pause between an inhale and exhale – is where you’ll find a lot of answers, a lot, and they come in all sorts of feels and wisdom.
• 12. I started to examine the intention between my saying yes when I really meant no – and although I’m still practising, I know that every time I trust my “no”, I stand for who I truly am and beat the disease to please.
• 13. Finding a Tribe of open-minded, crazy cool humans – helps give you the courage to be the most authentic version of you, you were always intended to be.
• 14. You CAN do anything you put your WHOLE self into – I never imagined I’d be waking at 4am, taking a cold shower doing daily meditation. Helping to launch 2 #1 best selling books with more to come, and dancing in a room of strangers like no one is watching.
I love love LOVE you all, and I’m giving you the biggest virtual squeeze!!
Sat nam beautiful peeps! ❤
And please share with me some of the greatest things you’ve loved about your 2018